Career Option After Engineering
GATE or MBA
Many a times, students are baffled while choosing the best career options. Sometimes, even after choosing the career options, students find it difficult to decide what to do next. The students need to decide what to do or what to pursue after engineering for the best career opportunities in future. There are two most common options which are opted by engineering graduates i.e. – GATE or MBA.
For MBA, there are various specializations available for the students. The students can choose the specialization as per their interest. Before that they need to keep in mind that there are some entrance tests for which they have to appear for in order to get admissions into reputed universities.
The GATE i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering is one of the most convenient options to choose after engineering. With the passing of the test, the candidates can appear for higher education such as the post graduate degrees in renowned universities of the country.
In both the tests, whether it is MBA or Gate, the students will get admissions on the basis of their scores, and if the scores are healthy and bright, then they can even get a chance to study abroad. There are limitless opportunities available for the students in both the streams. Some of the career options and the advantages have been listed below to make it clearer.
After engineering, there are two major options which a student can opt for.
MBA is one of the most popular and prestigious course in India today. An MBA can be done in various specializations i.e – Management, Marketing, and Human resources, Finance, Accounting, Sales, Healthcare etc.
There are various types of jobs which are available for the students after MBA. Careers in banking and finance which includes investment analysis, security and portfolio management and so on, these jobs might be available at the banks, security firms, insurance companies, financial organizations and so on. There are various other job opportunities such as commercial banking, liabilities and product management, cards management, transaction banking, corporate banking, wholesale risk, credit risk, relationship management, treasury bills and compliance.
There are various banks such as ICICI bank , YES bank, Kotak bank, Axis bank, HDFC bank, State bank of India and RBL which hire MBA graduates for such roles. Data analytics is also an option you can choose after MBA. Entrepreneurship is also one of the most popular options you can opt for after MBA.
All the below advantages will make you more clear about your decision of pursuing MBA after engineering.
Advantages of MBA after engineering –
- For a progressive career
- For the shifts in career
- For nurturing an innovative outlook
- For the best networks and contacts in the market
- For adding a brand value to yourself
- For being an entrepreneur
- For the ones interested in the technical fields
- MBA is for better growth opportunities
- MBA’s can earn more than an engineer
- Better utilization of the skills and knowledge in the management area
- For a lethal combination
- For a better reputation
After appearing for the GATE, a large number of opportunities will hit your door. The engineers can definitely opt for this option after engineering. Few popular colleges to pursue PG engineering in specific fields-
- Automobile Engineering Colleges
- Marine Engineering Colleges
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
Some of the career options are as follows-
- There are various firms who are interested in hiring the GATE qualified candidates such as the public sector firms like BHEL, DDA, BPCL, HPCL, HECL, NHPC, NTPC, and ONGC and so on for the posts such as management trainee, executive trainee and so on.
- There is also an option of being a junior research fellowship and the senior research fellowship in the research institutes, colleges and universities, laboratories, and so on.
- There are some reputed institutes like BARC which like to hire the GATE qualified students as interns and offer various courses to them for the stipend based courses and other self supporting courses. It adds experience to the profile of the students.
- There are various teaching opportunities also available for the students. Furthermore, there are scholarships available to the students for various courses which act as a financial assistance for the students. There are various library funds as well to which the students get eligible for which will be guidance to the students to accumulate their allowances and funds in an appropriate manner.
Advantages of GATE Examination
- For admissions into M.Tech/M.E./MS
- For admissions into reputed universities
- For a highly payable job
- For better employment opportunities
- For development of skills
- For hiring better talent
- For growth as an individual
- Dual advantages for the students
- For career abroad
- For job security
- For a good package